Client Operations and Sample Manager (950) Warren, New Jersey
Careers at Lightspeed Research
Client Operations and Sample Manager
Warren, New Jersey
Through proprietary global panels and research products and services, Lightspeed Research delivers valuable data to help businesses make informed decisions.
We have significantly grown since we were incorporated in May 2000. Our progress presents new and exciting opportunities – requiring creativity, new technologies, thought leadership, and operational excellence.
Lightspeed Research is part of the Kantar Group, one of the world’s largest research, insight and consultancy networks and the research arm of WPP — the world leader in communications services. We have offices around the globe offering a wide range of career opportunities.
This position requires someone who will be viewed as the ‘Lead’ contact for LSR’s web sample router and sample router related initiatives in the AMS Region. The ‘Lead’ person would be responsible for supporting a team that will deliver online research projects, increase sample router use across all OpCos, and expand sample routing functionality through the sample router product design enhancement discussions.
The Client Operations and Sample Manager is responsible for the following router related items:
- Maintaining account specific operating profit percentages and revenue targets.
- Maintaining acceptable staff utilization rates.
- Ensuring the team achieves acceptable client satisfaction results.
- Manage and provide analysis on recurring deliverables to clients.
- Serving as the ‘Lead’ client contact for the delivery of market research projects via the sample router.
- Focus on becoming an expert in on-line market research effectiveness offerings and be prepared to take lead role in educating sales force across all OpCos
- Attend and contribute at senior level forums as it relates to future system development and direction.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of offerings.
- Develop an expert understanding of the sample router and associated tasks.
- Mentoring, training and developing junior staff as it relates to building a project team in Warren, NJ.
- Provide support and execute initiatives related to current and new sample router systems.
- Develop and maintain charts that will reflect insightful KPIs. Provide support in the role of a Global team member in order to standardize process and KPIs
- Attend industry related sample router forums.
The role incorporates the following elements:
- Client Relationship Management
- Supporting and working with business development with new and existing clients.
- Solidifying client relationships for all projects sold on assigned accounts. This includes meeting with clients’ in-person or by phone, proactively investigating client needs for ongoing and future engagements, and balancing needs of client with what is best for Lightspeed Research.
- Having a client first mentality, excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence, consensus builder, good conflict management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic and analytical approach with focus on developing and maintaining strong relationships with key strategic clients.
- Ability to present to clients and potential clients.
- Team Support
- Support Project Managers to deliver projects in a solid or dotted line capacity.
- Line management responsibilities may include feedback, delegate/assign workflow, resource allocation, train/develop staff, conflict resolution
- Project Coordination
- Coordinate volumes of work to ensure that the team delivers to time, to spec and to budget.
- Leading all aspects of projects to accomplish objectives, including developing analysis, questionnaire design, reporting and research plans, providing oversight of data analysis and management of project developments, and running projects according to budget.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves if necessary to work with all of the technical aspects of fielding online surveys, including: client interaction, questionnaire design, sample selection, survey programming, data processing, project management, data tab specifications, data tab checking, and report preparation.
- Proven market research supplier experience
- Excellent consulting and communication skills
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills coupled with attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, high workload, and extreme amount of detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to meet very strict deadlines.
- Solutions orientated.
- Must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to wear many hats.
- PC proficiency using the Internet, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SPSS, and web based applications.