The Bair Foundation is seeking candidates for a part time Adoption Specialist to assist with adoptions as needed in Dallas, TX. We are a Christian foster care organization looking for someone with the right knowledge and passion to serve our families.
The Adoption Specialist manages a caseload of children in pre-adoptive settings, supports adoptive families by acting as a resource to the child and the adoptive family, and serves as a liaison between the referring agency and the child.
- Visits and calls child and adoptive parents to assure the quality and appropriateness of services provided to each placement.
- Submits documentation of calls and visits weekly to the Texas Adoption Supervisor.
- Develops thorough assessment of child and has ability to document monthly progress child has made towards permanency.
- Coordinates services to assure effective communications regarding the child with the adoptive family, the school, the referral agency and community resources.
- Utilizes various assessment tools to prioritize and target problem behavior and measure progress towards the goal of adoption.
- Coordinate meetings which include TDFPS (Texas Department of Family and Protective Services) workers and TBF workers in order to discuss the placement of a child.
- Assess prospective adoptive family’s ability to provide permanence for a child in care. Organize and complete paperwork regarding the legalization of child into adoptive family. Provide referral services for post-legalization cases.
- Provides other services to child including lifebook work and personal futures planning.
- Recruits, trains, and educates adoptive parents to assure availability of certified homes for placement.
- Ensures the adoptive family file documentation is in compliance with all state regulatory requirements.
- Performs adoption recertifications as required by state regulations.
- Performs adoption home studies.
Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field and at least one year of experience working within the child welfare system, preferably with some special needs adoption experience.