Director of Social Services (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Bair Foundation is seeking candidates for a Director of Social Services in San Antonio, TX. We are a Christian foster care organization looking for someone with the right knowledge and passion to serve our families.
- Supervise and support social service workers and staff to assure that each child receives services in accordance with all laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Facilitate the provision of safe, secure and nurturing living experiences in accordance with The Bair Foundation mission.
- Assures the implementation of all applicable state regulations and organizational policies and procedures within the office.
- Supervises treatment, planning and progress of clients.
- Assures resolution of critical incidents for foster care/family preservation services.
- Makes visits to foster homes annually and those homes that have more than three foster children a minimum of twice per year.
- Develops budget for services to assure office is operating without financial loss.
- Maintains communication with referral agencies regarding current children by monthly visitations for agencies with more than five children in care.
- Must become proficient with The Bair Foundation’s treatment model and its application.
- Supervises the Intake Staff ensuring placement goals are met.
Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field and four years of experience in a child-placing agency conducting child-placing activities or a Master’s degree in social services or a related field with three years of experience in a child-placing agency conducting child-placing activities. Must have a minimum of one year of experience in supervision of child-placing personnel and programs and be LCPAA qualified.
If state licensing and the contract permit, The Bair Foundation reserves the right to substitute additional experience and/or certifications in lieu of a master’s degree. The Bair Foundation will formally assess those who do not have specified qualifications to make a determination if the individual can perform the duties of a director.