Fire Alarm Inspector (BBBH11572) Williamsville, New York
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Perform routine inspections, testing, and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line.
- Identify additional products or services performed by SimplexGrinnell not being utilized by customer.
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Work with low voltage devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
- Learn to complete Service Requests with proper coding through communication devices, follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer.
- Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams and specifications
- Experience with hand tools.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on lifts and ladders.
- Must have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- NICET certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Approx. Duration: 5 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.