Technical Support Specialist (BBBH11437) Black Mountain, North Carolina
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support IT project activities pertaining to requirements, design, implementation, and administration of application product and services.
- Apply high-level understanding of the organization's business systems and industry requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT to create and document solution designs, focusing on process analysis and re-engineering with an understanding of technical problems and solutions related to current and future business environments.
- Assist with daily operations and provide general administrative support to the assigned IT organization.
- Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submit recommendations for solutions.
- Create process change by integrating new processes with existing processes and communicate the changes to the Business Systems team impacted.
- As appropriate, may participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of IT strategies and plans.
- Manages, coordinates, directs, and integrate the company's IT processes, services, and applications for the purpose IT business delivery.
- Responsible for working closely with support teams to ensure the design, implementation, and administration of the company's IT initiatives.
- Propose and implement effective solutions based on business requirements while analyzing and evaluating the impact of current processes/business.
- Partner with technical solution providers to ensure optimal delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in own discipline, and has extensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other functions.
- eDemonstrates advanced business knowledge and analyses the impact of emerging industry trends.
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the function.
- Advises senior management on issues as they pertain to larger organizational issues/business initiatives.
Approx. Duration: 2 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.