Senior Systems Engineer (2684) Grapevine, Texas
Buchanan Technologies is searching for a Senior Systems Engineer that will serve as the primary technical resource to support multiple client environments to include troubleshooting, identifying strategies and solutions, implementation and migrations. The successful candidate will have at least 7+ years demonstrated experience in the discovery, design and implementation of Microsoft, Virtualization, and Storage strategies and solutions. The individual will also assist in presales and post sales initiatives. The ideal candidate will consider themselves an "all around technologist," with great presentation and communication skills.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Microsoft (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM), Virtualization (VMWare) and Storage Technologies.
- Participate in client meetings with to discuss new technology strategies, problem remediation, and status/health of environment.
- Provide monitoring and maintenance of the server environment and related systems and databases
- Support production servers and configurations
- Configuration and performance to servers, email/internet filtering solutions and storage technologies
- Complete documentation on server configurations, setup and builds
- Plan and architect new technologies and migrations
- Analyze customer RFP's and develop an internal response plan, schedules, and pricing to meet customer proposal requirements and strategic business needs.
- Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Support sales efforts with delivery management and practice management teams
- Participate in account relationship and issue management activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in identifying, evaluating and implementing new solutions opportunities
- Mastery level knowledge of any combination of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Unified Communications, Desktop Virtualization, VMWare and SAN Technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge on IT Solutions and Professional Services Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effectively communication with all levels of management , including audiences with varying technical skill level
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Technical writing experience a plus
**This is a full time position located in the Dallas/Fort Worth region. The qualified candidate will need to live within a daily commutable distance.**