Assistant Facility Manager (-2330) Columbus, Ohio
|Salary:||USD13 - USD14 per hour|
Basic Function – Assisting in the day-to-day management of assigned location ensuring that operations are handled within contractual guidelines of the specific location, fostering good client relations and promoting a professional image and approach to the business.
- Participate in programs to improve client and customer satisfaction.
- Engage in the development of property level financial and operational goals.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day activities of the assigned locations including: ensuring appropriate customer interaction, supervising the completion of all evening closing reports, processing bank deposits, scheduling staff, supervising frontline staff (e.g. cashiers, valet attendants, maintenance porters, etc.), preparing month-end reports, auditing daily cashier shift reports, monitoring and checking of time cards, hiring and training of frontline staff, reviewing of damage claims, disbursing petty cash and preparation of the annual budget.
- Courteously assist Customers by answering any questions they may have.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Assist with cleanup of debris, water, oil spills and etc.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: High School Graduate. A minimum of six months of parking experience preferred.
Schedule: Must be available to work flexible shifts.
Driver’s License (applicable to valet and shuttle operations): Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable DMV record.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service: Have a strong customer orientation and positive attitude. Able to responds to requests for service and assistance in a courteous and professional manner.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Additional Information (if applicable):
This is for a valet parking location. Special shift requirements include: 2nd Shift and Weekends.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classes protected by federal or state law. Standard Parking does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.