Cashier (-3035) Rowlesburg, West Virginia
|Salary:||USD9 - USD0 per year|
Basic Function: Utilizes a quality customer service orientation, receives payment from customers for parking services and facilitates the flow of traffic through the gate by performing the following duties:
• Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
• Counts “bank” of revenue at beginning of shift to ensure starting total is correct.
• Collects cash and/or validations and maintains security of cash.
• Makes change and issues receipts or tickets to customer for each transaction.
• Computes or recomputes bill from ticket showing amount due per customer.
• Operates cash register after time calculation (manually or by machine), calculates cost or transaction and displays cost of customer transaction on cash register.
• Quotes prices for parking services for which money is received upon customer receipt.
• Gives directions to customers to various locations in the city.
• Completes lost ticket forms when original tickets cannot be located.
• Resolves customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
• Answers telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in the surrounding area.
• Conducts timely checks to see if a proper inventory of necessary work aids and supplies are located in booth.
• Verifies log of shift transactions against bank of “revenue” on hand.
• Compiles “bank” of collected revenue during the day once a predetermined amount of money has been collected.
• Record amounts received, cars in/out of facility, cars left in a facility (if applicable) while preparing shift report of transactions.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: less than high school education or up to one month related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make change.
Language skills: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities: ability to use clock (standard/military time), calculator (optional) or credit card machine to handle transactions. Ability to maintain a pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking on the telephone and with the public. Ability to effectively respond to customer problems or complaints.
Physical demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Additional Information (if applicable):
Special shift requirements may include 2nd and 3rd shift.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.