Event Attendant/Cashier (-2377) Boston, Massachusetts
|Salary:||USD8.5 - USD9.5 per hour|
Basic Function: To deliver quality customer service, receive payment from customers for parking services and facilitate the flow of traffic through the gate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for arriving at work every scheduled day, on time and in a neat and clean uniform.
- Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they may have in a courteous manner.
- Direct incoming customers to available parking spaces.
- Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
- Write and issue violation warnings to tenants and visitors that violate garage policies.
- Patrol transient and reserved parking levels on foot or in customized motor carts, if applicable.
- Provide assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
- Gives directions and is knowledgeable of surroundings to inform customers of various locations in the city
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility or Senior Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to Facility or Senior Manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the lot.
- Practice the Three Keys to Customer Satisfaction including the Five Customer Service Behaviors to ensure successful customer interactions
- Count “bank” money at the beginning of the shift to verify starting total.
- Collect cash and/or coupons and maintain security of cash
- Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction
- Verify shift transactions against money on hand and complete cashier shift report.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classes protected by federal or state law. Standard Parking does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.