Senior Facility Manager (-2694) Cleveland, Ohio
Job Function – Responsible for the daily operations, special projects, audit compliance to include SOX 404 compliance of assigned accounts within the respective portfolio, the satisfactory delivery of services that reflect positively on our operations, our company and client alike. Ensure that all existing accounts operate in accordance with client goals and initiatives as well as Standard Parking goals and initiatives. Work closely with all aspects of the operation to ensure fluid, seamless delivery of services to our client and customers alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise day-to-day activities of all managers, supervisors and attendants as well as any other individuals as assigned by the Senior Manager.
- Administer vacation requests by managers and attendants to the extent of allowing vacations only when qualified relief labor can be provided.
- Ensure that all locations within the Portfolio open and close at the specified times.
- Ensure the prompt completion of daily paperwork for all locations within the Portfolio.
- Supervise safe handling of cash and the timely deposit of cash for all locations within the Portfolio.
- Ensure that proper revenue trails are established for all transactions. This is to include proper ticket control, control over monthly permits and validations stamps, and the accurate maintenance of triplicate receipts, card lists and card key deposits and inventories.
- Prompt referral of problems and complaints that cannot be immediately resolved to the Senior Manager.
- Evaluate and develop plans to increase bottom line profit to our clients by either increasing revenues or minimizing expenses.
- Work with Customer Service Representative to resolve customer complaints and other issues that are operational in nature. Client/Tenant/Parker relations and other non operational situations will be handled by CSR and/or Senior Manager.
- Function as liaison between the management team and executive staff as necessary.
- Establish operating manuals for all accounts within the Portfolio and updating existing operating manuals as needed.
- Supervise training of all employees within the Portfolio. Through extensive auditing, develop initial/remedial training where necessary. Ensure the compliance of all union rules and regulations where deemed necessary. Uphold all company policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook.
- Visit all locations within the Portfolio on a regular basis. The personal visits are to ensure that proper operating procedures, corporate policies, and rules and regulations are being followed. A thorough inspection is to be conducted at a minimum frequency of once per week with emphasis on cleanliness, appearance of attendants, revenue control and safety. Reports of any safety hazard to be directly reported to the Regional Manager.
- Identify all existing and potential operational problems and make appropriate recommendations to Senior and Regional Manager. Inspect and recommend improvements to upgrade the appearance and cleanliness of all garages and facilities.
- Review maintenance programs at locations within portfolio. Work with Facility Manager to make appropriate adjustments/improvements.
- Provide a mandatory and prompt response to emergency situations during normally scheduled "off duty hours".
- Maintain effective relationships with all field employees, customers and corporate staffs.
- Review, originate and evaluate priorities for all non-routine assignments in accordance with established procedures.
- Demand and review disciplinary actions taken for any procedural violation or possible theft uncovered as a result of a field audit, which is to result in disciplinary action against the offending employee or employees.
- Perform other functions and duties as required for the safe and efficient operation of accounts as assigned by the Senior Manager and/or Regional Manager.
- Complete special projects such as large scale painting, power washing, concrete repair, etc. will require this position to bid, receive, evaluate, interview and make recommendations based on received bids on an ad hoc basis.
- Interview and screen candidates for positions being filled in portfolio from a shift supervisor through Facility Manager including bookkeeping staff members.
- Fill in for Senior Manager when unavailable due to vacation/illness or other.
- Minimum of five years parking management experience with multiple location supervision preferred.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills are a must. Must have knowledge of computer systems and prior exposure to personal computers (Excel, Word, AS/400 and Outlook).
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the use, repair, programming, limitations and capabilities of the parking equipment in portfolio to include but not limited to the following: Federal APD gates, ticket dispensers, card readers, Pay In Lane devices, control systems (versions of SCAN), loop setting/resetting, Hamilton auto cashiers, Power Sweepers, Sweeper/Scrubbers, Power washers, striping equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Additional Information (if applicable):
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classes protected by federal or state law. Standard Parking does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.