Designer (1076BR) Seneca Falls, New York
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Create new or modified products using CAD systems (Pro/E and Spicer) with direction from senior people. Lay out, design and modify pumps, guarding, baseplates, and all auxiliary equipment to meet industry, product and customer specifications. Process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs).
· Interpret internal, industry and international specifications (industry, product or customer) and convert requirements into final designs with minimal direction of senior people.
· Create part models and/or drawings necessary to meet specifications
· Analyze designs as required to ensure design conformance to specification
· Generate BoMs, Parts Lists and customer/advertising drawings
· Interface with other departments to ensure design meets requirements and can be manufactured economically
· Modify models and/or drawings as required to complete ECNs
· Coordinate and check work of contractors including domestic and international
· Able to check own work, train drafters and review their work
· Complete all work within schedule requirements
Occasional travel to vendors and customers Education:
· 2 Year Technical Degree (Design & Drafting Preferred) with 7-10 Years applicable experience.
· 4 yr technical degree with 1-3 years applicable experience.
Related and appropriate drafting and/or design experience.
Pro/E proficiency and design practices
Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing processes
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of AS400
Working knowledge of Bill of Material process
Good communication skills
Good organizational skills
Good customer service skills