Product Engineer/Sr Product Engineer (1330BR) Seneca Falls, New York
Responsible for product maintenance, testing, trouble shooting, and technical support for other departments and development projects. Works under general direction of Engineering management. Senior level is also responsible for product design and works independently or under general direction Engineering management and Marketing.
- Assist senior engineers with assigned projects including product improvements, product extensions, product enhancements, new product development, and live order development.
- Assist with design of pump components and assemblies for assigned product lines to achieve lowest cost, ease of manufacture and meet all relevant specifications.
- Support Applications department and Sales for quoting special pump requirements.
- Support local production facilities with resolving issues and ensuring least cost manufacturing of the product.
- Participate on cross functional project teams
- Support live order design for engineering and design requirements related to customer orders.
Sr. Product Engineer:
- Manage assigned projects including product improvements, product extensions, product enhancements, new product development and live order development.
- Direct the work of others, typically designers, engineers, and other personnel, associated with assigned projects.
- Manage the design of pump components and assemblies for the subject product lines to achieve lowest cost, ease of manufacture, and to ensure compliance with relevant specifications.
- Provide technical training as required for Application department and Sales
- Support Field Service and Warranty Services with solutions to problems in the field
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years applicable experience (engineering and design)
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards such as HI, API, ASME, ASTM
- CAD/CAM and/or ProE proficiency required
- Knowledge of foundry, machining, and fabrication processes desired
- Professional Engineer registration desired