EXPORT COORDINATOR (1140BR) Seneca Falls, New York
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide the necessary leadership in the coordination and successful execution of
Export shipments from Goulds’ IP factories in the U.S. and abroad to customers around
- Reconcile export orders to make certain export requirements
and documentation are in order and valid prior to shipment.
- Fully review each export transaction (pumps and/or parts
orders) in it’s entirety to ensure that all parties to the
transaction, as well as, the end user and end use of the
product meet the requirements of the most current version of
the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
- Monitor progress and expedite special orders covered by
secured means of payment to ensure timely completion.
- Communicate directly with customers, Goulds agents and Goulds Sales personnel to provide superior customer service.
- Communicate with Goulds Sales personnel and agents to
pro-actively address outstanding commercial issues on Export
orders, such as resolving issues with Letters of Credit, cash
in advance payments, escalation of progress billing payments,
receipt of shipping instructions and shipment/documentation
requirements and suggesting approved alternative business
solutions, when appropriate.
- Provide international freight quotations to Goulds agents
and Sales personnel
- Build relationships with Goulds vendors, such as Freight
Forwarders and U.S.A. Banks to ensure compliance with
requirements of customers and Goulds Pumps
- Monitor activities of export boxing vendors to establish
priorities and coordinate special shipment arrangements, such
as container load shipments
- Assist in providing shipping instructions to offshore
Customers returning American goods and communicating with
Import Brokers to ensure the closure of Temporary Import Bonds covering imported product which have been been re-exported within the U.S. Custom’s time limitations.
- Monitor the activities of the Documentation
Specialist to organize priorities. Monitor accuracy and ensure
both customer and company requirements are met.
- Compile various reports for department use, as well as Sales.
- Support AR and Collections teams. Resolve disputed invoices within 2 days of assignment within the Get Paid system. EDUCATION:
BS degree in Business Administration or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent understanding of International cargo traffic as well as International banking & negotiable instruments.
- Prior Document Specialist experience preferred.
- Experience in Export field for 2-4 years.
- Excellent understanding of the role of Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Treasury Dept. Dept. of State in International Trade.
- Excellent organization & communication skills
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Concern for Quality
- Concern for Impact
- Foreign Language an asset
- Ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to follow procedures
It is not practical to list the responsibilities and tasks that are part of the order reviews referenced under major responsibilities. It is necessary that the applicant review the procedures and forms that accompany this position to comprehend the importance of the task. The procedures and forms are on the IP Intranet web page.