Passionate Sr. Software Developer to Create Stellar Software! (01082013) Duluth, Minnesota
ARI is growing and we take PRIDE (yes, an acronym that does stand for something) in what we do. That’s why our customers keep coming back for more. We build intuitive eCommerce enabled websites, nifty electronic catalogs, generate and manage leads, as well as drive customers to your site through effective search engine marketing. It’s a complete solution. Our target markets are: outdoor power, power sports, marine, RV and appliance segments.
Our company is growing because we take PRIDE in what we do, this is who we are:
People Oriented. We work hard and we play hard. We love a team-oriented environment where people are invested in and respected.
Rapid Innovation. Good ideas are like rocket fuel, they keep us moving at increasing speeds.
Initiative. No waiting around at ARI. We look for people who are not afraid to see a problem, suggest a solution, and then carry it out!
Delivery and Execution. We finish the job on time and on budget. Early and under budget is nice too :)
Embrace the Customer. If you haven’t figured it out yet, we’re customer-centric and eccentric all at the same time. And to be clear, we don’t give customers hugs, we give them results.
Does this sound like you?
You’re an experienced senior software developer who will be working with a team of other extremely talented developers. You will be responsible for building ridiculously great software. Like all of our senior developers, you will also be expected to help pave the way for new technologies, new processes, and an overall better way of life for the ARI development team.
We want to talk to you if. . .
- You are passionate about software. You know what high quality software looks like, and you know how to create it.
- It drives you nuts when you find yourself using lousy software, and you take pride that your code is always better.
- You like solving puzzles, riddles and figuring out how stuff works. New technology excites you, and you know that sometimes the right way to solve that puzzle or riddle is with a new tool.
- And in conjunction with the previous point, you’re not afraid to suggest new technologies and tools.
- You could discuss for hours the various benefits of stuff like unit, functional, integration, and regression testing. After all, testing isn’t only for the QA team!
- You’re not afraid to answer the really challenging questions like “How do we build stuff that’s in the cloud?”
- You’re not afraid to put the brakes on a release if something’s not quite right.
- Have the “gift of gab” and like striking up intelligent conversations.
- Have a strong understanding of different ways to run a project. Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, Waterfall, etc.
- You know what good documentation looks like, and how important it is. It may not be fun, but you certainly can’t ignore it.
- You love processes. Processes are how things get done, and they can always be improved. Always.
- You love things like C#, ASP.Net MVC, Backbone, Bootstrap, Less, Knockout, Angular, Node, MongoDB, Solr, AWS.
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
- Make a PDF version of your resume. Put your best foot forward and make sure it looks nice.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you get to the part that gives you some options to submit a text version of your resume, stop. We don’t want a text version of your resume. Instead, use that spot to answer the following questions:
- What is one of your favorite non-fiction books? What did you learn from it?
- Write a function named “count” that counts from 1 to the number passed in. It should also append the text “ – divisible by 3” any time the number is…you guessed it…divisible by 3. This is not a trick question; you can go for style, smallest amount of code, efficiency, etc. Your call.
- Describe what will happen when you call doSomething(5) given the following function:
4. What makes a senior developer different from a junior or intermediate developer?
5. That’s it, just finish the submission process and wait for our call!
ARI Network Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.