Mgr, Outbound Sales COE (43633) San Diego, California
This position is responsible for the overall strategic direction and management of call center outbound programs for sales and retention. This position is responsible for the management of all operational functions of the outbound call center through supervising a team(s) who place and receive telephone calls with the intent of selling, retaining and promoting products and services. This position is directly responsible for contributing to company revenue growth initiatives ensuring the overall efficacy of the Sales and Retention.This position has direct reporting responsibility and therefore, is responsible for the development and management of individual employees as well as cross functional employee communication and cooperation as needed.
A career with Cox can provide abundant personal, professional and financial growth opportunities with a company rich in employee advancement and security. Cox is a privately held corporation with solid growth in the last four years and anticipating to continue that growth over the next number of years despite a challenging economy. The Cox management team is led by respected industry professionals dedicated to preserving and influencing the Cox Commitment. Cox offers an outstanding benefits package including medical & dental, discounted cable, telephone and internet services, 401k with company match, defined benefit pension plan, tuition reimbursement, fitness facility, 3 weeks of PTO, and more! We also offer competitive compensation.
1. Manage all outbound activities for both sales and retention including but not limited to call center management, dialer/list management, DNC management, etc.
2. Selects, manages, and develops a high performance sales team that sells across all Cox product lines
3. Manages call center and 3rd Party sales teams to meet and/or exceed sales, call handling, revenue, and quality results
4. Manage the daily activities to ensure overall performance targets are achieved and monitors KPIs specific to outbound sales and retention programs
5. Organizes and plans day-to-day strategies to motivate, coach, and counsel the call center and 3rd Party sales teams.
6. Develops short and long term strategies to enhance performance including workflow design, commissions, contests, leadership development, training needs, and quality programs.
7. Develops and implements reporting mechanisms to monitor and measure the effectiveness of programs.
8. Monitors/analyzes sales performance, and takes accountability for driving improvements in sales/revenue growth, sales productivity, sales quality, and optimization of customer satisfaction.
9. Work directly with corporate call center strategy team to execute on current and future outbound programs
10. Interface with training and development teams to ensure front-line and field readiness
11. Implement sales and retention training to ensure program alignment of programs.
12. Develops policies and procedures to standardize practices
13. Works with IT, marketing and Sales to establish lists for all outbound activities
14. Analyze, manage testing process, and implement enhancements/solutions to all outbound activities.
15. Establishes and leverages strong partnerships with key departments and internal/external customers
-7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Call Centers including Outbound, Care, Sales, and/or Retention etc.); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
-Five years experience specific to Outbound Call Center is required
-Experience & full understanding of call center outbound technologies is required
-Proven experience in developing and executing successful outbound programs/initiatives that support and drive business strategy at the enterprise level.
-Versatility and flexibility to respond and adapt quickly and effectively to multiple changing priorities
-Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to assist in building strong team dynamics and work with complex cross-functional teams
-Ability to manage and interface with call center field management at multiple levels in the organization
-Knowledge of advanced technology preferred
-Ability to work closely with a diverse group of individuals of various functional disciplines.
-Big-picture thinking and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
-Must possess excellent creative, analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
-Build, manage and lead a high performing team with a strong sense for considering customer needs, incorporating company goals into group initiatives.
-Strong people manager who can lead, inspire, and direct the activities of people within and outside the organization.
-Ensure high performance by clearly defining team member responsibilities, empowering team members to fulfill their responsibilities and supporting their efforts to do so, tracking progress and providing feedback, and holding team members accountable for meeting agreed-upon goals.
-Strong communication skills to ensure alignment with field operations and corporate Call Center Strategy
-Data analysis and PC skills required; experience with MS Office products required
-Willingness to travel up to 25%, domestically.
-BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired; MBA strongly preferred
-2+ years of experience in a management role preferred
Competencies required on Day 1
-For all Director and below levels, select 5-7 most relevant competencies - these drive an automated program which selects questions for the interview guide
-Aligning Performance for Success
-Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
-Building Strategic Working Relationships
-Building a Successful Team
APPLY NOW AT WWW.COX.COM/COXCAREER
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.