Associate Budget Manager - Global Media Agency (OMG2060) Burbank, California
Associate Budget Manager – WB - (Burbank)
OMD USA is looking for an Associate Budget Manager to join the Burbank Budget Management team. This position will assist with all aspects of client budget management with a primary focus on client internal audits and media electronic post reporting. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Budget Management.
Characteristics of the optimal candidate include:
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
• Extreme attention to detail and highly organized
• Proactive, with outstanding follow-through skills
• Experience in a fast-paced, client service environment, possessing superior client service skills
• Account management skills, and the ability to see the “big picture”
• Self-directed individual who is a team player with the ability to work with all types of people
• Passion for media and entertainment
The Associate Budget Manager must be bright, a quick learner, and good problem solver, with the ability to rapidly assess a situation and generate new insights and solutions in response to any client requests or internal challenges. The individual must possess high energy and be capable of managing client deadlines. The successful Associate Budget Manager is a trusted liaison among internal OMD Finance, Strategy, Investment teams, and Clients.
This individual will be responsible for coordination and resolution of client Audit Requests. Duties include sourcing of all necessary audit documents among departments i.e. Media Reconciliation, Strategy, Investment, Budget Management and Accounting. The Associate Budget Manager will be responsible for compilation and presentation of audit documents to the client and field questions as the main point of contact throughout the audit analysis process.
The Associate Budget Manager will review Media planning packets and validate media run dates, alerting teams of potential exposure caused by discrepancies between the planning packets and affidavits. This will include compilation and review of electronic post reports for broadcast media to ensure consistency and accuracy between DDS reporting and the actual delivery. The Associate Budget Project Manager will work with internal teams to resolve discrepancies prior to submitting reports to client.
The Associate Budget Manager will oversee the billing process for all production charges and monthly project fees - generate invoices, monitor incoming client payments, and help facilitate vendor payments to ensure a seamless and timely payment process.
Ad-hoc and Special Projects
In addition to daily support of the Budget Management team, the Associate may be asked to assist with special projects or client requests throughout the year. The ideal candidate will adapt easily to new projects and responsibilities.
Travel is required
Travel is mandatory for this position and candidate must have the flexibility to travel to New York for extended periods of time during key times of audit preparation and review. Travel times would focus mainly in Q1 with stays in NY lasting anywhere from 1 week to 1 month in length. Additional travel to attend client meetings throughout the year may be required.
The Associate Budget Project Manager must have the ability to learn new systems quickly including the intricacies of the agency’s software systems (Donovan Data System) and the client’s customized online system to employ a strategic approach when researching buying or billing discrepancies.
Administrative tasks are required in high volume during audit preparation times (scanning, filing, printing, etc). Candidate must be able to perform highly analytical tasks as well as repetitive administrative tasks with the same level of dedication and engagement.
Superior Excel spreadsheet skills are required, as many of the schedule preparation and analysis is performed using Microsoft Excel. The ability to “speak the language,” clearly and concisely to all parties is critical.
• A 4-year college degree is required (with a focus in business, marketing, or finance preferred)
• A minimum of 5 years work experience is required in budget management, media, marketing, auditing, or related field
• Experience within the media industry with a strong understanding of digital and broadcast planning and buying
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Ability to employ critical thinking and develop proof through analysis
• Familiarity with basic Accounting principles and intercompany transactions
• Additional formal training in business management, communications, and people management is desirable
• A proven track record of success demonstrated by prior organizations’ achievements as a result of the incumbents direct contributions
• Must be willing to travel