Sr. Program Manager - 2873089 (BBBH523) Sunnyvale, California
The Project will create cost efficiencies through the consolidation of our data center footprint, including the migration of key services without interruption. Responsibilities can include, but not limited to, the following: production support of existing infrastructure, creation of tools/automation to support project, creation and execution of consolidation plan.
Responsible for the planning and co-ordination of operations projects or program from inception to completion. Partners with Service Engineering Program/Project Managers and managers at all levels of the Service Engineering organization to define project needs, dependencies, deliverables and due dates. Engages resource managers to execute agreed upon plan and call out risks/contingency plans & communication as necessary. Drives cross-functional team deliverables and schedules. Defines and hits target milestones. Manage assigned projects according to plan. Write wiki documentation to facilitate adoption, training and ease of use. Provide weekly status updates and documentation on all projects under management
Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related technical field followed by 1 year of experience in job offered or a computer-related, project management occupation.
Experience must include:
- Software development process management experience
- Large scale data processing applications
- Red Hat Linux, SQL, Unix
- Planning project timelines, creating work breakdown structures and assessing level of effort for large scale, complex technical projects
- Application of risk assessment and management techniques
- Management of multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working with matrixed teams, managing systems in a 24x7 capacity
- Experience with systems and software development infrastructure
- Utilization of workflow management, process monitoring and improvement techniques
- Development of communications for small and medium sized team (statement of work, status and action summaries, stakeholder updates)
- Any suitable combination of training, education, or experience is acceptable.
**Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**