Capacity Delivery Jr. Program Manager - 14303PM (BBBH383) Sunnyvale, California
This position requires a detail-oriented candidate with a good balance of passion for technology, possessing solid problem solving skills, eagerness to accept ownership, work as a part of a team and take accountability to drive the best result.
As a Program Manager, the candidate is responsible for managing, prioritizing and successfully executing multiple concurrent mission-critical server deployment projects including:
- Driving day to day operation of HW deployment, decommissioning and conversion projects including the initiation and follow up on service requests in the form of tools, tickets, emails, etc.
- Maintaining issues lists and developing action plans to quickly and effectively close gaps.
- Maintaining project status, communication and reporting on projects to customers and mgmt.
- Managing requirements for incoming projects to ensure the most efficient use of resources, quick deployment, and minimal disruption of effort for all stakeholders involved.
- Aligning program scope with strategic business objectives, and making recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among the constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program.
- Developing process and automation standards throughout Infrastructure Deployment Engineering and production-quality process solutions to reduce risks in manual tasks.
- Providing program statistical trending and analysis, and feedback to the process and architecture teams to address gaps within the workflow
- The development and optimization of scalable business processes directed toward the strategic infrastructure deployment objectives of the organization.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans for large-scale server deployments and IT related projects along with project managers.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple concurrent mission-critical server deployment projects.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on-t ime and adherence to deadlines.
- Proven ability to motivate disparate teams both direct and indirect to solve issues.
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and incident handling.
- Customer Relationships:
- Ability to gather requirements and assist internal customers in delivering infrastructure solutions.
- Collaborating with business partners to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges.
- Engage the business client early and effectively building solid relationships and pushing infrastructure supply chain value upstream as key business direction is being set
- Developing and managing direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the business solutions are aligned with their goals and priorities.
- Balance the customers requirements with technical constraints (e.g., application size, network bandwidth, hardware/software/equipment selections) to ensure that the value of the project is realized.
- Recommend systems and business best practices across Ops and drive adoption to ensure consistency of systems solutions.
- Experience analyzing data and interrupting data focused on reducing project cycle times.
- Knowledge and understanding of the installation and deployment of servers in a 24x7 data center environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the installation and deployment of storage area networks.
- Work experience and/or understanding of the how the Internet works including key concepts of IP addresses, DNS name resolution, routers, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding in the differences in server platforms and their effects on data center resources such as power, physical space, rack units, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- PM/PMO management skills.
- Basic understanding of online services, architecture or storage technologies is preferred
- Operations infrastructure and supply chain experience in one or more of the following area: Network, hardware, OS, Security a strong plus.
- Familiar of IT related technologies such as Server OS, SQL, Active Directory, Networking (TCP/IP, load balancing, DNS, ACL, routing) a strong plus
- Strong skills in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience in related field
- Must have solid problem analysis skills and be able to multi-task on several projects at once
- Must be a team player who is self motivated, showing initiative and taking ownership of issues, vigorously pursuing them to resolution
- Great verbal and written communication skills