Payment & Fraud Applications Support Engineer - 3329815 (BBBH689) Sunnyvale, California
As a Software Support Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting and troubleshooting system issues for our payments platform in a mission critical, production environment as well as integration and sandbox environments.
The payment and fraud systems are complex, multi-tiered, and distributed web-based software applications. Therefore, the candidate must use their technical and analytical expertise and knowledge of the systems and domain to resolve all system problems and customer issues.
Strong written and verbal communication is essential; as you will regularly collaborate with internal customers, engineers, project managers, DBAs, service engineers, external service providers and operations staff to identify the root cause of all issues in a timely manner and provide operational fix. We are looking for someone that has a strong aptitude for learning systems and payment flows quickly.
- Develop a deep understanding of our payment and fraud applications
- Document and manage reported technical support issues
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and find root cause in production, integration and sandbox environments.
- Manage customer communication, assuring timely status updates and issue resolution
- Determine and document severity of production issues
- Provide technical integration support to internal teams integrating with our systems
- Determine and document root cause on issues, provide operational fixes such as data fixes, running scripts or tools in production.
- Identify patterns in issues and recommend enhancements to address recurring issues
- Identify and develop metrics to measure the bug impacts for prioritization and resolution
- Provides meaningful insights for vulnerable areas based in bugs encountered in production
- Author knowledgebase support information for internal and external use
- Learn new product features prior to new releases in order to be able to provide support
- Mentor junior support team members.
- Support PCI compliance, SOX audits
- Minimum of a BS in CS or related discipline
- Experience with technical support for complex and distributed web-based applications
- 5 years experience with apache, tomcat and web applications
- 5 years experience building/supporting apps in a LINUX/UNIX env
- 5 years experience with an RDMS (Oracle / MySQL). Candidate must be able to understand table schemas and know how to write SQL queries such as update, delete and select statements with joins.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with demonstrated success investigating and troubleshooting issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work closely with a variety of people/groups including customers, product management, engineering, service engineering, operations and external service providers.
- Strong sense of ownership with the initiative and drive to dig into and go beyond responsibility boundaries to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work with minimal direction
- Desire to work under pressure in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with Java and/or C++ in a support or developer role
- Experience with bugzilla or other ticketing system
- Experience with svn or other version control system
- Knowledge and some experience with the Agile principles is considered a plus
**Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**