Research Data Scientist / Retail or CPG -3005338 (BBBH576) Manhattan, New York
The Sales & Category Insights Team impacts Yahoos short and long-term revenue by creating data-driven insights and thought leadership research. The team provides category-specific proof points for new and continued advertising investment into Yahoo platforms.
As Manager of Retail & CPG Insights you will be a member of a team that creates category-specific data-driven insights to demonstrate the power of our advertising platform to our clients and agency partners. We are looking for a highly energetic, self-starter that has in-depth research experience as well as experience working closely with an ad sales organization. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changes and priorities.
As a part of a team, you will interface regularly with sales personnel and be expected to stay abreast of any large client deals being worked on by your team. The team, who are based both in NYC and Chicago, will also deliver relevant and compelling insights to help advertisers understand consumer behavior online and how they can use Yahoos advertising platform to both connect with their consumers and drive their bottom line.
As a part of the role you will be expected to work with the team to use both third party research (e.g comScore, Kantar etc) as well as contribute to the design of primary research that explores user behavior and propensities, and highlight how Yahoos Retail & CPG engine can meet advertiser needs. You will leverage all available data sources to cultivate stories and strategic angles that address business needs and make actionable recommendations based on data. Your insights and vision will help clients understand how to use Yahoo to meet their goals.
The candidate will ideally be based in New York but Chicago based applicants are also welcome. You will work collaboratively with people within your own team and across Yahoo and you will work with global research firms and other suppliers.
Basic/Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in an insights related field, either client-side or vendor-side
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Experience with Retail and/or CPG clients and brands (Health and QSR experience is a plus)
- An understanding of digital and other media
- Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with audience and media planning tools such as comScore, Hitwise, Simmons, Kantar (TNS), etc.
- Strong understanding of quantitative market research techniques, including survey design and analysis.
- Understanding of online advertising, the advertising marketplace, media consumption patterns, and online ad effectiveness measurement
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- (New York is the preferred work location but open to candidates in the New York location or Chicago location)