Credit Analyst - New York (399351) New York, New York
• This job is located in our New York, NY office.
• To independently produce high quality credit analysis of Corporate Customers of the bank.
• To maintain customer contact for obtaining credit related information and ongoing monitoring of credit.
• To work closely with the relationship management team for each transaction and make a complete assessment of the associated risk.
• To act as a Portfolio Manager with responsibility for the continuous monitoring of credit risk, as well as the timeliness and quality of all credit applications pertaining to individual portfolio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Prepares financial statement spreads and written credit analyses for existing and prospective customers at the request of assigned relationship managers;
• Prepares credit renewals, recommends amendments and generally ensures that assigned portfolios are in compliance with SCB's and regulatory requirements;
• Performs industry peer comparison on a variety of operational and financial indicators;
• Performs cash flow analyses using a variety of methodologies as appropriate;
• Monitors the quality of assigned portfolio on an on-going basis by regularly reviewing publicly available information such as Bloomberg, and coordinating with SCB's branches and credit departments globally.
• Liaise with other units of the Bank globally to obtain, but not necessarily limited to, country risk allocations.
• Will work closely with the Client Relationship Team and Senior Credit Officer on all aspects of structuring deals and associated risk issues.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Strong analytical skills and computer literacy
• Ability to interpret financial statements
• Thorough understanding of business and economy
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills.
• Experience in Oil & Gas and Leverage Finance preferable.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.