Analyst, Corporate Finance - Toronto, Canada (427275) Toronto, Canada
This position is located in Toronto, Canada.
To assist the Associate Directors, Directors and other team members in the origination and execution of M&A transactions in the Mining & Metals sector.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Support senior staff on M&A transaction origination and execution in the Mining & Metals sector
• Financial modeling
• Preparation and presentation of information memoranda, pitch books, presentations, fairness opinions (including valuation), other forms of reports under the supervision of Associate Directors or Directors
• Carry out financial analysis under the supervision of Associate Directors / Directors
• Assist Directors / Associate Directors in structuring transactions
• Collect, review and analyse financial and other information from multiple sources
• Mining & Metals sector and client research
• Contribute to the sourcing of new ideas
Qualifications & Skills
• Highly motivated individuals with a strong record of achievement in academics and previous full-time employment in corporate finance with a focus on the Mining & Metals sector
• Candidates should have a Bachelors/Masters/CPA degree and experience in investment banking / appropriate industry sector
• Superior analytical aptitude, creative problem solving abilities and excellent communication skills
• Key skills include (i) ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint; (ii) familiarity with other key softwares such as Word, Bloomberg, etc; (iii) generate M&A pitches/ information memoranda; (iv) general industry/ country/ company researches; (v) ability to perform financial analysis and other forms of valuation.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.