Solutions Specialist (117) Irvine, California
|Salary:||USD60000 - USD60000 per year|
The mission of a Solutions Specialist is to work with internal and external parties to define, document and configure web-based election management systems specific to each client's needs for implementation, open enrollment and ongoing administration. The Solutions Specialist will coordinate the set-up and ongoing maintenance of the electronic data interchange (EDI) and data validation processes for inbound and outbound data files.
Plan Design Analysis & System Configuration:
- Gather all benefits and eligibility information for each client, working with broker, account managers and direct with client and carriers.
- Analyze and determine system set-up requirements and data mapping.
- Build online enrollment system for client, based on the information acquired from multiple sources using proprietary vendor tools.
- Maintain each client's system throughout plan year by making any needed adjustments due to acquisitions, reorganizations, plan changes and/or terminations
- Document requirements for changes, fixes and enhancements, maintaining system documentation for internal and external use.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated client communication documents.
- Create and manage methodical test plans to internal and external associates to ensure accurate and timely user acceptance testing of configured system. Evaluate testing results and adjust system configuration accordingly. Test plan includes data exchange processes end-to-end.
- Coordinate annual renewal related activities and proactively engage the client and internal teams as needed. Requires usage of project management guides to ensure accurate timing standards and set timing expectations.
- Acts as liaison between clients, internal and external teams to accomplish project timeline objectives. Works with appropriate vendors to ensure dependent tasks are managed and completed on time. Provide accurate and timely project status communication to customer.
- Assist client and administration team throughout the plan year with detailed research, root cause analysis and resolutions to address issues relative to system calculations and/or set-up.
- Ability to associate client business rules and benefit plan design to build system that will provide proper billing output, data transmissions, and/or system reporting needs for all constituents and vendor partners.
Data Management Coordination:
Plan Design Analysis & System Configuration:
- Transition all pertinent information to data management Team Member (i.e., payroll specifications, company structure, business rules, special handling requests, etc.).
- May be required to communicate messages to client relative to data management cycles. Enlist data management representative to assist in communication and presentation to client and/or vendor partners as needed.
- Provide continued oversight and monitoring of data management cycles. Engage in research and/or root cause analysis as needed. Determine if any configuration support will assist or ease the information flow within data management cycles.
- Ability to compare large data sets, organize data and summarize findings is a plus for this position, however, not a requirement.
- Ability to identify and document benefit plan design, benefit and payroll/HRIS associated data types, rules, data mapping, and conversion requirements.
- Proven experience working with multiple projects and collaborating with diverse resources to meet tight delivery timeframes. Must be organized, detail oriented, accurate and responsive.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct all levels of system and user acceptance testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to present to customers and influence results from service partners.
- Quick learner, able to apply the knowledge gained effectively and across multiple situations.
- A self-directed team player: collaborative, seeks input, accepts and incorporates feedback from others, freely offers assistance and is able to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Professional manner with the ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to recognize complex problems, analyze situations and provide suggested/implemented resolutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, MIS, or another strongly aligned field.
- 3+ years’ experience with HRIS, payroll and/or carrier systems and processes; experience with technology, benefits, Human Resources, or health care is desired; 1 – 2 years of electronic data transmission experience preferable.
- Expertise with Excel, fluency with Word and Outlook, usage of Access or SQL a plus.
- Working knowledge of processing payroll and carrier files, preferably integrated with HR/Benefits administration.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier products, contracts, services, reporting and billing.
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer