Healthcare Data Analyst (170) Irvine, California
The Healthcare Data Analyst will be the subject matter specialist for analyzing medical and pharmacy claims and other health and wellness data. This analyst will be part of the Health Management Services department. The analyst’s main responsibility is to perform analyses of client data stored in ProView Resource Group’s data analytics warehouse provided by Verisk Health and communicate findings to the Health Management Services clinical staff.
- Knowledge expert on how to best utilize Verisk for our clients
- Responsible for designing how to utilize the capabilities for campaigns, reporting, interfacing, with engagement engine
- Oversight and guidance for client in-sourcing results analysis and training
- Identify population health opportunities (including anomalies in data unique to each client)
- Running canned Verisk reports and determining what additional analysis opportunities are available with the client’s population.
- Developing new queries to track programs over time
- Assessing performance of vendors (DM, CM, etc.) within the application
- Ability to create cohorts, show impact, and identify cost savings based upon both the individual and population level
- Create various benchmarks by industry and market using data provided in Verisk tool
- Create baseline reporting to first guide clients in correct direction
- Slice and compare subsets of data within clients BOB to demonstrate innovation and ‘think outside the standard healthcare box’ in order to target short term changes, to go along with the long-standing programs already in place
- Cross reference various other systems used in nurses workflow to demonstrate true clinical value and savings, quickly pin pointing key areas
- Create standard report package templates according to clients’ needs and clients’ industry
- Incorporate predictive risk modeling to help drive client wellness program initiatives
- Work towards an average pricing resource tool in order to show more accurate soft savings
- Identify clinical trends and tracking intervention / activity results
- Summarizing clinical findings, options, and recommendations
- Proven experience working with multiple projects and collaborating with diverse resources to meet tight delivery timeframes. Must be organized, detail oriented, accurate and responsive.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Quick learner, able to apply the knowledge gained effectively and across multiple situations.
- A self-directed team player: collaborative, seeks input, accepts and incorporates feedback from others, freely offers assistance and is able to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Professional manner with the ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to recognize complex problems, analyze situations and provide suggested/implemented resolutions.
- Extremely savvy with systems, applications, and data.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in technical and/or analytical program.
- Prior work experience to include 50% data analyst / 25% healthcare / 25% industry knowledge.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office environment including standing and walking, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds.
- Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files)
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at a distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions