Senior Underwriting Analyst (112) Irvine, California
|Salary:||USD80000 - USD90000 per year|
Precept’s founder and CEO, Wade Olson, established Precept in 1987 as a brokerage firm dedicated to sourcing and delivering health and welfare benefits to employers.
Over the course of 26 years, Precept has listened to the needs of its clients and has responded by adding the services required to meet them. This evolution has resulted in a comprehensive benefits consulting and administration outsourcing firm, serving 250 corporate clients with benefits consulting, procurement, administration outsourcing, health management, retirement and online enrollment services.
The result of Precept’s growth is an organization that is bringing Fortune 100 strategies to middle market companies to control costs, reduce administrative burden, and improve employee attraction and retention.
When you join Precept, you'll not only work with a team of dedicated and highly talented individuals, you'll become a member of a fast-growing company. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment and are serious about our commitment to every staff member. We employ high-quality and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage and challenge each other every day. It is through this standard that we are able to recruit and retain the best and the brightest people in our industry. We commend our employees for our continued success.
The responsibility of a Senior Underwriting Analyst is to deliver high quality underwriting services and work product around renewal of plans, market testing and complex risk analysis on behalf of the Company’s larger and/or more complex clients, collaborating with Account Managers and Executive Case Managers in understanding assigned Company clients’ objectives, while supervising, leading and directing the work of other Analysts.
- Assess highly complex and sophisticated client risk, understanding the strategic implications of the competitive carrier/product marketplace, and make sound underwriting-based assumptions to find solutions to meet assigned Company clients’ objectives
- Lead and mentor Underwriting Analysts
- Understand the changing carrier product landscape, maintaining good carrier/vendor relationships
- Renewing and marketing carriers for assigned book of Company clients, meeting all client deliverable timelines and deadlines
- Analyze complex client demographics and other data to determine risk and appropriate carrier product solutions
- Provide direction to Analysts in drafting and distribution of Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Renewals (RFRs), following up with carriers
- Analyze and calculate Company clients’ rates and benefit costs
- Analyze complex annual renewals and proposals from carriers for accuracy and financial reasonableness based on all factors
- Negotiate with carriers on behalf of assigned Company clients
- Lead product/service quality improvement initiatives as needed
- Lead process improvement protocols for department, making suggestions to process improvements as applicable
- Design and create complex presentation reports for assigned Company clients’
- Ensure accuracy of premium rates and benefits collected from carriers
- Work as a team with Account Management to understand expectations and in meeting deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work in an environment where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Exceptionally strong problem solving skills
- Advanced understanding of all employee benefit product lines
- Exceptional organizational and multi-project management skills
- Attention to detail; quality-oriented
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills; able to effectively articulate and defend complex processes and methodology to internal and external clients
- Strong PC Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Math or related field required, or equivalent experience
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in the field of health and welfare benefits underwriting
- Advanced knowledge of alternative funding methodologies
- Effectively supervise, lead and direct the work of others in department
- Effectively work within a team environment
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer