Property Specialist – Temp – $25-$35/hr. (A68565PIT) Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
We are currently recruiting for a client located in Southpointe for a long term contract. We are seeking an individual with a background in Real Estate to fill a property specialist’s role. The position will be responsible for reading and reviewing leases as well as gathering information to obtain permits. The select individual must have a background in real estate and/or experience in zoning or permitting. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a stable, growing company in the Telecommunications industry. They provide competitive wages, and a great work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance. Review and process applications within guidelines.
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Work with Property Manager and/or Director to ensure proper staffing is in place to deliver these services to the customer within budget and on time.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Review zoning regulations in support of new customer applications and attend project meetings as needed
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Resolve all other real estate matters including condemnations, encroachment claims, easement relocations, tax liens, etc. as expeditiously as possible ensuring that policies are followed and litigation exposure is minimized.
- Work with corporate functional groups and local attorneys (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appropriate.
- Review all necessary real estate documents to ensure accurate Property Certification on all assets.
- Ensure that sites already certified remain “evergreen” by monitoring PEP’s closings and ensuring that system is updated properly and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of real estate experience
- Zoning and Permitting experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Abilityto comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to comprehend Zoning ordinances and municipal processes