Collections Manager – Perm – $40-55K (A68742PIT) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
|Salary:||USD40000 - USD55000 per year|
One of our growing clients located in the Robinson Twp. area is looking for an experienced Collections Manager to join their team. This person will have the opportunity to create a collection department from the ground up. Responsibilities will include developing and administering the collection program, overseeing and monitoring the collection of amounts due on behalf of the clients and also be responsible for designing and implementing processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables. Individual must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for all aspects of the collection process, which is handled primarily over the phone. Initiates collection calls to ensure payments are received in a timely fashion as dictated by the invoice terms. This position will also be responsible for managing the collection staff.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package including salary and bonus opportunity, company paid benefits, and a great casual work environment.
• Monitors, measure and review individual and team achievement of collections goals and standards to ensure adequacy in meeting objectives. Conduct regular employee coaching sessions, including performance appraisals, to inspire high performance, and support employee development
• Collaborate with management to develop specialist schedules that support the forecasted calls and non-phone workload and enables collections to meet service level objectives, quality objectives, productivity objectives and employees paid time off entitlements
• Assess training needs; communicate specific training support requirements to Call Center Director and Training Manager. Participate in follow-up training to reinforce skill development
• Provide consistent support to specialist by serving as a reliable resource for information and resolving difficult customer situations. Responsible for handling escalated calls and ensuring problem resolution activities are performed in a manner that will ensure customer satisfaction
• Ensure transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with federal student loan regulations and federal debt practices, policies and procedures
• Effectively motivate and guide employees toward achieving individual, team and company goals and objectives.
• Perform management of personnel activities such as determining staff levels, hiring and recruiting, motivating, coaching, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, counseling and terminations
• Monitor, coach, develop and motivate collections employees toward achieving individual, team and company goals and objectives in the following areas: customer service and sales skills, team building, measuring of performance goals achieved and rewards for skill and goals obtained. Provide additional development skills such as time management, project management, coaching, etc
• Must be up to date with FDCPA and Debt Collection laws and regulations to ensure the company is compliant
• Bachelor's Degree and/or 10+ years of equivalent related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior management experience
• Legal Awareness, along with strong knowledge of collections processes and procedures
• Minimum working knowledge of all federal, state and local government regulations that affect the collections process.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Adapt to flexible work schedule
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Multi-task and detail orientation skills