Sales Director (OMG320) New York, New York
Job Title: Director, Sales
Location: New York
Position Type: Sales
Department: Sales & Marketing
Travel Required: Yes – 50%
In today’s highly competitive and consumer centric marketplace; employing technology, data and analytics to increase growth, revenue and ROI is a must to create differentiation and stay on top. Real-time actionables are instrumental in driving results within a highly fragmented marketplace. Annalect’s teams and solutions/tools are built on change and an eye to the future. Thus enabling a true partnership with clients where data, technology and analytics mean something to a client’s KPIs.
Working with numerous Fortune 50 clients from all brand categories, and drawing from the vast parent company resources of Omnicom, Annalect was formed in order to further cement our position and push the envelope within the data management, technology and analytics space. With an extensive global footprint and hubs in New York, London and Singapore, Annalect brings together a talented mix of over 450 right and left brain thinkers that are pioneers in technology, digital and research. They include data scientists who have consulted across the globe, user experience experts who have produced both consumer facing and highly technical trade interfaces, PhD mathematicians with decades of combined experience, search and display planner/buyers with their pulse on the marketplace and research gurus who help bring brands to life.
Annalect was created to foster a “maker community.” If a client has a problem and a solution doesn’t currently exist, Annalect will work to create it and add value to that client’s business. The Annalect offering is an end-to-end marketing technology solution that begins with data and ends in activation. There are several key players within each discipline that steward this process. The end result for clients is value.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to lead the product and services sales team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will have the ability to build and grow the company’s position as the leading data analytics solutions company by managing a vertically focused group of client opportunities. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an already successful but growing startup, supported by one of the world’s largest and most respected global holding companies.
This role will be tasked with building out a vertical sales team, including AE’s and planners, in one of four key verticals – Automotive, CPG, Retail/E-commerce, and tech.
This role will be responsible for leading all sales efforts in a given vertical, nationally, including: revenue growth, quota attainment, cross-channel / cross-platform sales strategy and execution, client and agency partnerships, and for the growth and development of the office and its people.
- Hire, grow, lead, motivate, and coach vertically focused advertising sales team as they develop and deliver winning pitches that lead to lasting and commercially successful marketing partnerships with brands and advertisers (first priority) and their agencies.
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management using existing CRM tools (Salesforce) and Sales Operations best practice.
- Collect and distribute feedback to product and marketing teams to ensure continued market acceptance of commercial product set.
- Identify and present the benefits of Annalect’s offerings to key, senior client stakeholders
- Contribute to compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Coordinate attendance of national and regional trade conferences
- Be responsible and accountable for vertical sales quotas
- Prior digital management/supervisory experience a must.
- Min. 7-10 years of experience working in national media or technology sales with sales management experience
- Experience with conceptualizing digital and integrated ideas and writing or directing pitches for major accounts.
- A solid understanding of media planning, marketing and/or strategic planning in an advertising agency or digital media property.
- Extremely detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment in a large media or entertainment company.
- The ability and desire to interface with top agencies and clients on high profile accounts.
Education & Experience:
- BS or BA required