Manager, Segment Marketing Military (41955) Virginia, USA
To develop and implement the overall marketing strategy with emphasis on driving customer relationships, build brand loyalty, and revenue growth by customer segment and penetration of designated products. Work closely with the acquisition/retention marketing teams, product marketing and product development groups, sales channel team, as well as the pricing and analytics team.
- Develops and implements a clear marketing strategy and direction for the residential market customer focusing on the Military segment. Facilitates overall process to identify strategic initiatives and opportunities
- Implements integrated promotional strategies for the Military segment; customer acquisition, upgrade, and retention
- Partners with the acquisition and product marketing teams to develop a competitive product set for the Military Segment
- Develops senior management strategy presentations and talking points
- Presents analysis that clearly defines ROI of marketing programs directed at the Military segment
- Manages information on the Military segment customer behavior patterns, designs and implements product tests and promotions, and tracks consumer shifts to curtail the efforts of competitors and takes advantage of sales opportunities
- Partners with other marketing functional areas including creative services, product marketing, research, marketing sciences, operations, and outside vendors (e.g., advertising agency, media agency) to maximize sales and revenue/profitability directed at the Military segment
- Partners with sales teams to generate leads for all sales channels (e.g., call center, web commerce, retail partner locations) through the evaluation, recommendation and production of local events and the development of direct marketing campaigns
- High School diploma or GED equivalent plus 7+ years of experience in related field or a BS/BA or advanced degree (MBA/MS/MA etc.) in a related field plus 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Deep understanding of Military customers
- Strong financial business acumen
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of close, successful relationship with sales.
- Understanding of operations with a proven track record of marketing in an operations based, transaction-heavy environment.
- Proven record in effectively leading in a matrix environment where getting work through others is necessary.
- Strong business acumen and relationship building skills. A good listener and influencer. Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, project plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage initiatives in a fast-paced matrix environment.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred. Will consider additional related industry experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years management experience
- Cable and/or telecommunications experience
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA)
Successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Formal Presentation
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Lives Cox Values
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.