Construction Supervisor Electrical (12356) Qatar
Our client is looking for a Construction Supervisor (Electrical)
Following are T&C for the role:
Work Location : Qatar
Type of Assignment : Contract
Start Date : Nov 2018
Contract Duration : Until 14th July 2019
Start Date : ASAP
- B.Sc. in an Electrical Engineering discipline from a recognized University or Diploma with extensive construction experience in supervision of MEP (Electrical) Works related to high rise building projects.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience as Site Engineer MEP (Electrical) Works related to high-rise buildings.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and systems, processes and standards related to construction.
- Good skills in construction management and leadership, team building, effective
- communication and conflict resolution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for supervision of construction works executed by contractors to ensure
Department's assigned projects are constrructed in accordance with the approved Scope of Work,engineering design, QHSE standards & specifications. Review and provide comments on construction method statements, material submittals, commissioning procedures from start of construction of projects till completion and handover to end users. Responsible as performing authority for Permit to Work by the Contractors.
- Supervise the site construction/installation of work of relevant engineering disciplines of assigned Construction contracts and ensure that the work is carried out in safe manner and in compliance with Scope of Work, approved Engineering Standards and Specifications.
- Participate in constructability reviews as and when required.
- Review contractors' construction plans and schedules including method statements and JSAs.
- Coordinate and control the mobilisation of contractors to sites including site ray down area.
- Facilitate issuance of necessary permits and Gate passes when requested by Contractors.
- Check, inspect and test completed project work and/or arrange appropriate pre- commissioning inspections and tests. Initiate Mechanical Completion Certificates.
- Ensure and follow up completion and clearance of all Punch List items.
- Review and endorse red marked up and "as built" drawings.
- Participate in hand-over and acceptance, review commissioning procedures and participate in the commissioning of facilities.
- Review and endorse Construction Dossier for the assigned projects.
Decision Making Authority
- Responsible for the execution of construction and installation scope associated with the project, on time and as per approved Scope of Work, specifications and standards.
- Responsible for timely issuance of PTW, direct and supervise contractor's Construction Team to ensure adherence to the PlW conditions.
- Review and subsequently endorse site work progress by the contractors.