Data Scientist Modeling 50463 (50463) Detroit, Michigan
Data Scientist Modeling Position Description:
- A high-potential analyst is needed to assist in all phases of the development, deployment, monitoring, and evaluation of analytical models & tools.
- We are looking for highly motivated, multi-faceted individuals to work in a high-visibility functional area.
- Work with Risk, Finance, Pricing and Sales teams to support business strategies
- Employ statistical procedures (e.g., binary/multinomial logistic, nested logit) to develop models to quantify risk or payment behaviors, responsiveness to price and other vehicle incentives
- Employ econometric procedures (e.g., ARIMA, ARCH/GARCH) to develop forecasts for loan offers, approvals, purchases as well as portfolio mix (e.g. term, risk tier)
- Develop optimization models and frameworks to determine optimal pricing or risk strategies; incorporating corporate objectives and constraints
- Develop model tracking methodologies and reports to monitor model performance
- Investigate data & implementation issues
- Work with various data sources and platforms to compile data
- Strong knowledge of statistical, econometric, and optimization methods (e.g., logistic, time series, seasonal adjustments, non-linear programming)
- Familiarity of various simulation techniques
- Strong statistical programming experience required
- Practical experience in analytics in business and/or academic environment (Finance experience is a bonus)
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized, independent and ready to work with minimal supervision
- Inquisitive, team-oriented, proactive, open-minded and interested in learning
- 1+ years of experience with statistical, econometric, and optimization methods (e.g., logistic, time series, seasonal adjustments, non-linear methods)
- 1+ years of experience using analytics in a business or academic environment 3
- 1+ years of experience in one of the following: SAS, R, MatLab or Python
- SAS proficiency is strongly preferred, Matlab, R, Python is a plus
- Experience with various data platforms (PC, Mainframe, UNIX/LINUX, Teradata)
- Complete (Or nearly complete) Master Degree Biostatistics, Mathematics, Operations Research; Economics with emphasis in Econometrics or related quantitative field
- Statistics, Applied Math
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We’re doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First “Fast 50” award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Opportunities, or get there directly at: http://tinyurl.com/z6r74up
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp