General Manager - Catering (4841/CP) Warwickshire, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP32000 per annum|
The OCS Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of facilities management and property support services. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager to effectively manage Catering services at the prestigious Jaguar Landover Headquarters in Gaydon. You will use your significant experience of the catering industry, innovative approach and your expertise in team management to ensure Catering services are delivered to an exceptional standard on this 1000 acre site, housing Product Engineering Centres, Head Office functions and Sales and Service departments.
- Manage the contract to meet Client specification ensuring correct standards of service are established, objectives are met and agreed SLA’s and KPI’s are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Legislation and Health & Safety Regulations, ensuring notices are displayed and robust procedures are in place.
- Monitor customer trends and respond effectively to requests made by both the Client and the Company.
- Manage and develop food quality and delivery of all site catering services including satellites and vending services to a high standard.
- Control costs and ensure services are delivered within agreed budget.
- Manage and develop staff to achieve the highest standard of work, promoting a positive team spirit and communicating objectives.
- Ensure HR issues are dealt with in accordance with Legislation and Company policy.
- Recruit, train, and motivate staff, creating an internal succession plan.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are maintained to meet contract specification.
- Ensure adequate products, equipment and materials are available to the Contract standard and are stored, used, maintained and purchased in accordance with Company procedures.
- Apply quality control and performance measurement procedures to ensure the maintenance of high standards of service and compliance with the specification.
- Ensure change process is driven through the operation in a seamless and efficient manner, continually developing the business recommending new and innovative initiatives as required.
- Communicate reliably with the Client ensuring requests are responded to and problems resolved effectively.
- Regularly monitor and report on service performance.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- NVQ level 3 Catering qualification or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Significant catering industry experience preferably gained in contract catering environment
- Proven experience of managing a large team
- Sound knowledge of cost control and budget management
- Excellent team building skills with a robust approach
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Good IT literacy including MS Office, Word and Excel