Challenge and Community Events Coordinator (SW118) Birmingham, England
|Salary:||GBP20000 - GBP20000 per annum|
Challenge and Community Events Co-ordinator
To coordinate and raise income from individuals and community fundraising groups through challenge, community-based and mass participation events and initiatives; and acquire and develop new and existing challenge and community event fundraisers to maximise support.
- To develop and increase income from Challenge and Community-based events through managing existing and developing new sources of community based event income streams;
- Working with colleagues to implement the fundraising strategy as an integral part of engaging financial support and building awareness from the general public;
- To develop, manage and deliver national and regional events and challenges
- To co-ordinate event logistics, and working across the team to ensure proactive marketing plans are developed and implemented to maximize challenge and community event awareness and participation;
- To ensure excellent stewardship of all challenge and community based and event fundraisers and implement a programme of retention and reactivation.
- Working with fundraising and communication colleagues to develop and implement innovative challenge and community fundraising activities and products, including mass participation events, to generate income and increase support
- Co-ordinate the charity’s monthly regular giving fundraising.
Qualifications/experience and skills
- Proven experience of developing and building community relationships and ensuring their ongoing stewardship;
- A highly motivated individual who is able to work well on own initiative, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to think laterally and creatively meeting the needs of donors and supporters and providing win-win solutions;
- Experience of working with volunteers and the ability to motivate and inspire individuals and groups
- Experience of using digital media channels to build community-based support and generate income;
- Ability to apply a broad range of communication and interpersonal skills (verbal & written) to influence, persuade and negotiate;
- Excellent research skills;
- Public speaking skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, including project and financial planning skills.
- Event organisation experience particularly in relation to fundraising;
- Must have a full clean valid UK Licence.
If you think this sounds like you, then why wait? Apply now!