Sr Quality Engineer - Automation (14128) Newark, California
RMS is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Quality Engineer to join our Dynamic Portfolio Management team. The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. He\She should be able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with C#/.net. They will be entirely comfortable with a mixed Microsoft & Linux environment. Experience managing highly scalable cloud deployment is highly desired.
- Develop prototypes and automations for tests
- Ensure that our software and services are maintained to the highest level of availability and reliability
- Working with the development teams to ensure that non-functional requirements relevant to operations are clearly articulated and delivered
- Drive continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives
- Lead functional troubleshooting efforts
- Strong problem solving skills in Windows environment.
- Must have experience in one of more of the following Informatica, Micro Strategy, MS SQL, Mongo and/or Vertica
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience working in a mixed environment: Linux & Microsoft Windows
- Experience and comfort working in an Agile environment
- Experience with test automation (functional, configuration, backend)
- A strong desire to drive process improvement by example
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science graduates will be preferred
- Big Data Processing
- Performance and scalability experience a plus
- Catastrophe modeling / insurance / actuarial background a plus
- Should be comfortable doing code review sessions with peers
There"s a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months.
At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large.
At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market and we"re looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.