Senior Software Build Engineer (14129) Newark, California
You will be part of a DevOps team that is responsible for Build, Release software packages as well as deploying the software bits to different Cloud environments. You will be developing tools/scripts to deploy big Linux and windows based clusters to private and public Cloud environments.
As a Senior Software Build Engineer, this will be an opportunity to play a key role in designing, developing, and furthermore innovating as you bring your considerable software engineering skills to our dynamically-growing organization.
* Enhance build processes and scripts to achieve a dramatic improvement in build speed and build reliability
* Collaborate with developers from several software teams to enhance our library of unit and integration tests
* Write windows/linux scripts to automate deployment processes
* Deploy to large scale cloud environments consisting of hundreds of servers
The successful candidate will:
* Have BS/MS degree in Computer Science
* Have experience with administering source control systems like MS Team Foundation server
* Have a solid understanding of the software build process with MSBuild, TFSBuild script
* Automation with windows batch scripts, linux bash scripts in windows & linux environments
* Have good understanding C#/.NET programming for writing tools for Build and deployment
* Work well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
There's a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months.
At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large.
At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market and we"re looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.