Senior Quality Engineer - Automation (13554) Newark, California
Senior Quality Engineer – Automation
RMS is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. QE to join the team. The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. He\She should be able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with C#. Experience managing highly scalable cloud deployment is highly desired.
- Collaborate with software development and product management teams to understand the architecture and design test framework
- Create and maintain test framework for RMS’ Next Generation products with emphasis on web services and data warehousing for large scale enterprise system.
- Develop automated testing capabilities for ETL transformation rules, including interfacing with developers and analysts to develop tools as well as define test suites and create test data;
- Assist in black-box and white-box automation of functional tests.
- Ensure delivery of RMS products on time and with high quality.
- Mentor junior team members on automation design and implementation.
- Handle Multiple priorities at the same time not compromising on Quality levels
- BS/MS in computer science and 5 years professional work experience in application development and testing
- Minimum 3 years software development experience in C++ or C#
- Experience developing on .Net Framework platform using Visual Studio.
- Strong SQL Skills with experience in generating complex queries.
- Strong experience with MS SQL server database with large data volume
- 3+ years in automated testing environment with strong experience with frameworks and tools
- Good organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail required
- Good interpersonal skills, works well independently and in a team environment
- Flexible, adapts to change. Self-starter, and self-motivation is a must
- Certified Microsoft professional is a plus.
- Experience developing testing framework is a plus.
- C# system diagnostic development experience on large scale system is highly desired
- Business Intelligence Experience is a plus
- Data warehouse QA experience with ETL testing is a plus
There"s a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months.
At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large.
At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market and we"re looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.