Senior Software Engineer -High Performance (13667) Newark, California
You will be part of team responsible for designing and developing the critical business applications in the next generation software suite. You will use best-of-breed technology from both established vendors such as Microsoft as well as open source technology. As Senior Business Intelligence Engineer you will work with cross functional teams to drive data warehouse and BI initiatives. You will build out core BI capabilities that will drive a suite of RMS analytical applications and scale our date warehouse from multiple 100 TB's to petabyte range
Additionally, as a Senior Software Engineer you will focus on the following area
- Provide a senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical enterprise scale applications on a multi-terabyte environment
- Collaborate with engineers, Product/Project Managers and Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer framework and functional components, following coding, documentation and design standards
- Innovate, design and develop extensible and reusable applications to specification, for the enterprise suite
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, requirements gathering, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
The Software Development group focuses on developing and building cutting edge, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. Using cutting edge technology, we are building an exciting next generation product that leverages the latest advances in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
Skills and experience required:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of professional application development experience in Windows environment
- Solid understanding of core SW development fundamentals with exposure to OLAP and data warehousing concepts
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality code
- Proven experience building high performance data intensive applications.
- Strong SQL knowledge with expertise in C# or Java
- Work well with others in fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
Additionally, RMS will give additional consideration to candidates that have skills or knowledge in the following areas:
- Working experience in financial industry
- Previous experience with BI suites like Microstrategy
- Experience designing/building data driven dashboards
There's a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months.
At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large.
At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market and we're looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.