Assistant Director, Accountant (Case Manager) (PCK644-643) District of Columbia, USA
The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate and independent audit reports. The PCAOB also oversees the audits of broker-dealers, including compliance reports filed pursuant to federal securities laws, to promote investor protection.
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for an Assistant Director, Accountant to manage the initiation of investigations out of broad range of sources in the Division of Enforcement and Investigations at its Washington, DC headquarters office. This key role reports to the Deputy Director, Accountant of the Division. This role requires a proactive person that thrives in a multi-facetted professional environment.
• Identifying and evaluating appropriate audit matters for possible investigation. Investigations typically deal with complex matters involving financial misstatements, including fraud, and other practices that may involve possible violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the rules of the PCAOB, the provisions of the securities laws relating to the preparation and issuance of audit reports and the obligations of accountants or professional standards;
• Researching information from a broad range of online, print, public record and internal sources relating to publicly traded companies, brokers and dealers and their auditors;
• Reviewing and analyzing financial and accounting documents;
• Identifying accounting, auditing, and financial reporting deficiencies; and
• Making recommendations to the Director relating to the opening of informal inquiries