Sr Software Engineer - Big Data (LNR000RY) Alpharetta, Georgia
Senior Software Engineer
"Big Data" Technology
Looking for an exciting opportunity to learn a new, dynamic technology built to utilize the power of "Big Data"? Utilizing your expertise in coding and data manipulation, you will be translating and manipulating massive amounts of data utilizing ECL. You will be trained to be a developer utilizing ECL** -- our open source software language that maximizes the rapid utilization of our massive databases.
Skills you will need:
- Interest and ability to think declarative rather than procedural computer logic. (e.g. C++, C, SQL or JAVA)
- Understanding ETL concepts in manipulation of data
- Some query language skills useful
- Understanding of relational database system design (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata
**ECL (Enterprise Control Language) is the powerful programming language that is ideally suited for the manipulation of Big Data. Go to http://hpccsystems.com/FAQ/what-is-ecl and check out the open source version:Transparent and implicitly parallel programming language,Combines data representation and algorithm implementation,Easily extend using C++ libraries,ECL is compiled into optimized C++
This position exists to perform research, design and software development assignments within a software functional area. Acts as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid level staff and provides technical leadership to small to mid size development teams. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products. Accountabilities:
1. Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
2. Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
3. Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems. Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
4. Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance and technical abilities. Mentors and coaches team members.
5. Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
6. Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
7. Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
1. Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical experience
2. 5 + years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small to mid size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time.