Sr Software Engineer - ASP.NET and C# (LNR000VV) Dayton, Ohio
Sr Software Engineer – ASP.NET and C#
Utilizing your ASP.NET and C# skills, you will be part of a core team of developers that design and develop new web products and functionality enhancements for the LexisNexis Risk Solutions web application product line. This position will involve research, design and software development assignments. The position includes serving as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid level staff. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical leadership skills to small to mid size development teams.
Skills and Experience you will need:
- ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server are the most important areas of expertise.
- C++ and XSLT programming experience is a bonus.
- Interfaces with internal customers to gather requirements and provide recommendations on complex technical tasks.
- Independently performs analyses to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
- Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderate complexity re-usable code constructs such as templates and macros.
- Remains current on industry standards and advances within his/her area of expertise.
- Diagnoses complex system problems.
- Diagnoses system performance problems. Recommends and performs changes in system parameters or code to obtain optimum system performance.
- Leads and participates in design, code and test reviews.
- May leads a small team of technical staff to complete assigned projects including project scheduling and reporting status.
- Finds and recommends opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Makes decisions within their ability and authority.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide both detail information and also summarize to a management level.
- Ability to work through complex problems and reach a workable solution.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions is a natural extension of the core competencies and technologies proven in the LexisNexis online products from the past 30 years. LexisNexis Risk Solutions builds on the LexisNexis tradition as a trusted provider and custodian of quality information, and leverages new cutting edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics to create total solutions to address client needs.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is specifically designed to serve the multi-billion dollar risk information industry, which is comprised of professionals and organizations such as law enforcement, government agencies, financial services firms, collection agencies, insurance and health care providers, hiring managers, and other professionals.