Sr Software Engineer - LAMP (Perl) Web Development (LNR001GN) Boca Raton, Florida
Sr. Software Engineer - LAMP
Boca Raton, FL
You will develop applications that support 100K+ customers daily for our Accurint product. Cross browser compatibility knowledge will be a BIG PLUS, as our customers access our product with many different browsers. Any experience developing large-scale web applications will be another asset. If you are an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well on a team, this may be the job for you.
Technical Skills you will need:
2-5+ years experience with PERL / LAMP Application Development (Perl)
1-3+ years experience with Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
1-3+ years experience with Unix / Linux Operating System
1-2+ years experience with Apache Web Servers
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with XML, XSLT, Ajax, Web Services, Cross-Browser Compatibility and Version Control systems (SVN)
- Experience with page templating systems, session data storage, caching, and inter-process communication.
Experience developing large-scale web applications
- Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 5 + years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small to mid size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
6. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
7. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
9. Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
10. Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high-level designs for assigned projects.
Executes full-lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance
Mentors and coaches team members.
Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
Leads a mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
WHO WE ARE: LexisNexisÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â® - Risk Solutions ( http://www.lexisnexis.com/risk/) specifically serves the multi-billion dollar risk information industry, which is comprised of professionals and organizations such as law enforcement, government agencies, financial services firms, collection agencies, insurance and health care providers, hiring managers, and other professionals.