Software Engineer - PERL (LNR000CB) Boca Raton, Florida
Software Engineer – PERL
Boca Raton, FL
You will develop applications that support 100K+ customers daily for our Accurant product. Cross browser compatibility knowledge will be a BIG PLUS, as our customers access our product with many different browsers. Any experience developing large-scale web applications will be another asset. If you are an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well on a team, this may be the job for you.
Skills you will need:
PERL / LAMP Application Development (Perl)
Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
Apache Web Servers
Excellent verbal and written communication
Nice to have skills:
- Unix / Linux Operating System knowledge
XML, XSLT, Ajax, Web Services, Cross-Browser Compatibility and Version Control systems (SVN)
- Page templating systems, session data storage, caching, and inter-process communication.
- Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
1. Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate complexity systems. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
2. Interfaces with technical and non- technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
3. Provides feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
4. Develops basic to intermediate designs.
5. Codes proficiently in the required language(s).
6. Contributes to design, code and test reviews.
7. Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results and recommendations to his/her project leader.
8. Develops and executes performance, integration and test plans.
9. Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
10. Provides meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segment and delivers a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
2. 2+ years experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non technical staff.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non- technical audiences.
5. Ability to provide detail information and .summarize to various levels of staff including management.
6. Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.