Software Engineer – .NET developer (LNR001FV) Dayton, Ohio
Utilizing your ASP.NET and C# skills, you will be part of a core team of developers that design and develop new web products and functionality enhancements for the LexisNexis Risk Solutions web application product line. This position exists to perform research, design and software development assignments within a specific software functional area.
- ASP.NET, C# , SQL
- C++ and XSLT programming
- Web Services and VB skills are a plus
1. Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate complexity systems. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
2. Interfaces with technical and non- technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
3. Provides feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
4. Develops basic to intermediate designs.
5. Codes proficiently in the required language(s).
6. Contributes to design, code and test reviews.
7. Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results and recommendations to his/her project leader.
8. Develops and executes performance, integration and test plans.
9. Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
10. Provides meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segment and delivers a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
2. 2-4 years experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non technical staff.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non- technical audiences.
5. Ability to provide .detail information and .summarize to various levels of staff including management.
6. Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
7. Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
9. Ability to deliver a quality code product as scheduled.
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions is a natural extension of the core competencies and technologies proven in the LexisNexis online products from the past 30 years. LexisNexis Risk Solutions builds on the LexisNexis tradition as a trusted provider and custodian of quality information, and leverages new cutting edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics to create total solutions to address client needs.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is specifically designed to serve the multi-billion dollar risk information industry, which is comprised of professionals and organizations such as law enforcement, government agencies, financial services firms, collection agencies, insurance and health care providers, hiring managers, and other professionals.