Senior Software Engineer - Java (LNR000OA) Boca Raton, Florida
Sr. Software Engineer - JAVA
Boca Raton, FL; or Alpharetta, GA
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. We combine cutting-edge "Big Data" technology (http://www.hpccsystems.com/) with best in class content to solve our customer’s information needs. We have a deep respect for our customer’s needs and take great pride in knowing that what we build makes a difference in the world in many ways. As a Senior Software Engineer you will develop both internal and customer facing applications using Java.
Location is flexible (Boca Raton, FL or Alpharetta, GA)
5+ years experience with Java, well versed in advanced Object Oriented Development concepts including design patterns.
2+ years of experience in Spring or equivalent Java programming framework.
2+ years experience with writing Web Services
2+ years experience with Relational Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
2+ years experience with Unix / Linux Operating System
Experience with Data processing tool, data munging/processing, ETL, or Hadoop.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team.
Experience with Data transformation, XML, WSDL and SOAP
Understanding of professional software development processes - Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Familiarity with the platform described at http://hpccsystems.com , having studied the learning resources and applied it in the form of any exercise a big plus.
**HPCC Systems is an open-source, enterprise-proven Big Data analytics processing platform to manage, sort, link, join and analyze billions of records for enterprise customers who need to process large volumes of data in critical 24/7 environments. It evolved from the need of LexisNexis to manage its own big data challenges.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 5 + years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small to mid size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
6. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
7. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
WHO WE ARE: LexisNexis® - Risk Solutions ( http://www.lexisnexis.com/risk/) specifically serves the multi-billion dollar risk information industry, which is comprised of professionals and organizations such as law enforcement, government agencies, financial services firms, collection agencies, insurance and health care providers, hiring managers, and other professionals.