Senior Engineer - Ammonia (PCK593-8253) New Orleans, Louisiana
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Senior Engineer?
We are currently seeking an Senior Engineer for our Faustina, Louisiana location. This position is responsible for monitoring plant performance, identifying gaps in performance and making recommendations, providing solutions in the areas of plant production, plant yields, asset utilization and product quality.
What will you do?
- Monitor plant performance & reliability – champion continuous improvement.
- Support PSM initiatives – MOC, PHA, training.
- Provide process engineering for projects associated with plant performance.
- Collaborate with other PPE’s to insure best practices are deployed across facilities.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline required and 8-10 years of related experience.
- 10 years of operational experience highly preferred.
- Ammonia Plant experience required.
- Microsoft Office: Emphasis on Excel, Asset Utilization, PI, LIMS and Word skills required.
- Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with our without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers