Production Supervisor (PCK593-8847) Tampa, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Production Supervisor?
We are currently seeking an Production Supervisor for our Tampa, FL location. This position is responsible for safe and environmentally sound day-to-day production activities to support the continuous operations of the facility. Includes all facets of production supervision namely management of hourly employees, product quality, safety, environmental, transportation and raw material management. Assist with the implementation of process improvements and/or capital projects as needed. Assist with employee training and qualifications. The incumbent serves as a liaison between management, operations and maintenance.
What will you do?
- Maintain safe and environmentally sound operating conditions within equipment design parameters.
- Lead, schedule, coach, train, and develop hourly employees as needed (incl. safety and environmental).
- Facilitate ongoing communication between shift and management to ensure proper and efficient plant operation, product quality, allocation of resources, safety and environmental.
- Work with operations and maintenance to troubleshoot and address operational problems in the plant to maximize production and safety. Assist in the implementation of process improvements or capital projects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for conducting audits and inspections.
- Reviews and authorizes work permits
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED certificate required. Bachelor’s Degree in Technical/Engineering disciplines preferred.
- 5 years’ of relevant experience required. 1 year of Industrial experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred. Working knowledge of Maximo, Pi, OIS, Kronos preferred.
- Must be an effective leader and have positive influence on hourly work force. Strong motivational, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in a fast- paced environment are required.
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
- Pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!