PSM Engineer II (PCK593-8841) New Orleans, Louisiana
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next PSM Engineer II?
We are currently seeking an PSM Engineer II for our Faustina, Louisiana location. This position develops and coordinates documentation, training, communication, scheduling, and oversight needed to meet OSHA regulations of the Mosaic Process Safety Management (PSM)/Risk Management Plan (RMP) Program Standards. This role leads the facilities’ Process Safety Steering Committee (PSSC) under the direction of the Health, Safety and Security Manager. Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What will you do?
- Interfaces with and influences Operations, Maintenance, and Safety, Training, and Engineering staff to ensure that hazards are identified, risk is appropriately managed, and the required 14 elements of Process Safety Management regulation (CFR 1910.119) are in compliance. Ownership for execution of projects and action items related to PSM/RMP. Facilitates understanding and fosters buy-in between all groups required for PSM Program success.
- Partners with Mosaic’s Process Safety Steering Committee to develop implementation plans to meet OSHA/EPA PSM/RMP Program Standards and Mosaic Standards. Ensures all changes to covered processes are controlled through Management Of Change and Pre-Startup Safety Review procedures; adequate front end engineering is performed for all proposed changes; potentially catastrophic incidents are investigated; and Process Hazard Analysis methodology is appropriate for the complexity of the process being evaluated. The PSM Engineer acts as Process Hazard Analysis team leader when appropriate. Leads Process Safety Steering Committee (PSSC) meetings at each facility, including agenda development and scheduling and is able to lead/facilitate PHA meetings using various methodologies such as hazard operability study.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation and program implementation of Mechanical Integrity, Quality Assurance, Emergency Action Plans, Process Hazard Analysis, Operating Procedures, Process Safety Information, Operator and Maintenance Training, Safety Procedures, and Contractors is maintained to assure compliance with the Mosaic PSM/RMP Program Standards for each facility.
- Communicates critical performance information to management relating to PSM and RMP deadlines. The PSM Engineer facilitates the flow of PSM/RMP information between operations, maintenance, engineering, safety, training, and environmental groups. Also, consults with employees and their representatives on the conduct and development of process safety management program elements at each facility and ensures that employees and their representatives have access to information required under the PSM/RMP regulations.
- Develops schedules for Process Hazard Analysis revalidations, operator training, maintenance training, operating procedure certifications, and maintenance procedure certifications for each facility. This position conducts Process Hazard Analysis as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring employees and contractor groups under his/her control are made aware of pertinent health, safety, and environmental hazards and aspects.
- Ensures appropriate follow up on issues that arise out of the audits and inspections.
What do you need for this role?
- B.S in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering discipline is required.
- a minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering or operations supervisory role with knowledge of PSM covered processes, OSHA PSM regulatory standards and requirements; is a must. Requires process and mechanical body of knowledge and knowledge of the PSM covered process and ability to lead Process Hazard Analysis.
- Experience in ammonia systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), PI, Experience in Document Control Software is required.
- Ability to understand PDI’s.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Self-motivated and possess excellent organization skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence others; requires strong leadership qualities.
- Demonstrates superior oral & written communication skills.
- Fosters cooperation & collaboration among different functional work groups.
- Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers