Sr. Engineer – Reagents & Process Chemicals (PCK593-7999) Lithia, Florida
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Sr. Engineer – Reagents & Process Chemicals?
We are currently seeking an Sr. Engineer – Reagents & Process Chemicals for our FishHawk, Florida location, however this position may be based out of any one of our Mine or Plant sites. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to optimize consumption of reagents and process chemicals across the Phosphate Business Unit. This position will work with suppliers to implement effective quality controls providing technical assistance in new product development of reagents and process chemicals, additionally the engineer will work with facility operations management teams to implement lean processes and lean management with respect to reagent and process chemicals. The position will have significant impact on the $50MM reagents and process chemicals budget.
What will you do?
- Provide technical assistance to develop reagents and process chemicals optimization strategy which includes process improvements, process control, working with vendors to develop new products plus monitoring process chemical quality assurance both internally and externally. Conduct plant and lab testing to validate new reagent and process performance.
- Work with Process Engineers, Operations and others to implement lean processes and lean management of reagents and process chemicals through the optimization strategy.
- Collaborate with Operations, Suppliers, and other Process Engineers to insure best practices are deployed across facilities.
- Apply knowledge of processes & equipment to ensure safety and environmental objectives meet, or exceed, Mosaic’s standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- 10 years of technical and operational experience in Phosphate Mining and/or Concentrates required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Emphasis on Excel, PI, Minitab and Word skills. Must have a strong understanding of industrial statistics. Applicable Mosaic plant operations software also as needed.
- Effective leadership, influence and communication skills. Ability to coordinate large projects involving significant mindset and process changes. Must be able to effectively communicate and cooperatively work with chemical vendors.
- Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!