Maintenance Technician (PCK593-7813) Houston, Texas
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Maintenance Technician?
We are currently seeking an Maintenance Technician for our Houston, Texas location. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, repair, or replace sulfur terminal and warehouse facility equipment to ensure safe, environmentally sound and efficient warehouse operations. Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or safety of employees.
What will you do?
- Perform maintenance and repair on various equipment and machinery. This includes but is not limited to pumps, motors, leaking valves or gaskets, cranes, conveyors, mobile equipment, buildings, grounds, welding, cutting, etc. Ensure all maintenance repairs are conducted while appropriate personal protective equipment is in place.
- Operate various hand power tools such as impact wrenches, grinders, saws, drills etc. De-energize equipment following lockout/tagout.
- Operate mobile equipment after on the job instruction and while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Perform housekeeping duties throughout facility.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School diploma or GED Certificate required.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance experience required, dealing with large industrial equipment.
- Welding certification required.
- Pipe fitting experience highly preferred.
- Basis computer skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license and must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card. Proficient in verbal and written communication skills as well has ability to read hand signals.
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at substantial heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!