Continuous Improvement Manager (PCK593-8066) Lithia, Florida
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Continuous Improvement Manager? We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager for our FishHawk, Florida location. The purpose of this position is to strategically plan and lead transformational efforts in sites and business using internal and external resources to create both step-changes and continuous improvement in performance and specific workstreams and areas of the business. This position requires expertise in change management, performance management and one or more workstreams, such as: energy, workflow, reliability, continuous improvement, operations, automation, etc.
What will you do?
• Manage and direct transformations or post-transformational activities to support assigned locations by creating, driving and sustaining improved site performance and operating results. Use direct leadership over ROIC team resources to create and execute project plans and timelines in coordination with site management. Use influential leadership to create location buy-in for continuous improvement initiatives and ensure culture change to align.
• Sustain change efforts, ensure facility integration into CIE (Centers of Innovation and Excellence) structure for specific workstream and act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) to ensure cross-learning and shared practices at each assigned location. Coach and mentor site peers to provide consistency and uniformity in improvement efforts. Identify and help in the development of other SME across the organization. Identify deficiencies in the organization that would limit success and put in place training or make recommendations to eliminate these deficiencies.
• Discover and develop new value within operational processes, procedures and practices, teach and replace improved techniques and enhance end-user skill-sets within Phosphates. Identify best practices and skills outside of Mosaic that could further enhance the organization. Coach and develop talent of direct report staff.
• Responsible for communicating on the status of compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring adequate training of area personnel.
• Responsible for conducting audits and ensuring completion of safety audits, lockout audits, housekeeping tours housekeeping tours in accordance with Safety Performance Indicators and Environmental Index.
What do you need for this role?
• Bachelors in Engineering, Management or other degree as appropriate for specific work stream required.
• 7-10 years of experience in specific work stream or subject matter expertise developed through deep involvement in the transformational efforts in this specific work stream (2+ transformations) required. Change management experience through previous transformational experience within ROIC or other efforts required.
• Proven and recognized leadership capabilities and strategic planning skills. Ability to interface with all levels of management and front-line technicians. Must demonstrate ability to influence others at all levels (leadership, peers, and dotted line reports/in-directs); requires strong training and team building qualities.
• Physical work environment is occasionally outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
• Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
• Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
• Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
• Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
• Able to hear, with or without correction
• Able to read, write and understand basic English
• Able to see, with or without correction
• Able to travel unassisted
• Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
• Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
• Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!